Thursday, July 9, 2009

Paper gifts

I had forgotten that Mr. Woo said that he ordered something for me. I half thought he was joking, but sure enough the package which contained my surprise arrived today.

Still "recovering" from being (pleasantly) surprised with the mini-break that Mr. Woo had planned, I was again thoroughly impressed by his thoughtfulness. This time, it was tangible gifts in a set of 3.

#1 - I Will Rejoice - a book celebrating Psalm 18 and teaching children to be thankful (for when we have children)
#2 - Teachers are a Gift from God - a book of verses and stories for teachers (because it's been a rough summer)
#3 - Handmade note cards - he made a beautiful choice! (for me to use whenever - I really like stationary)

Note: Interesting choices since the traditional one-year anniversary is paper gifts.


Mr. Woo absolutely makes up for not buying me flowers with all his sweet gestures, some often overlooked (bad wifey!). The past 6 months have taught me so much about myself, revealing how sinful I really am. Shame on me for desiring p(r)etty flowers over the healthy leadership of my hubby. Though for both, the occasional tangible and daily spiritual gifts, I am thankful. Married life is so good.

What are you thankful for? :)

3 comments:

dan tsai said...

I'm thankful that, somehow, by the grace of God, being single is not absolutely unbearable. ;)

I said "Yes" to Mr. Woo! said...

@Dan - ahahaha Amen. There's quite a many freedoms too. However, if you pick a girl I'll work some magic. I got your back.

dan tsai said...

much appreciated ;) i'll let you know if i need your help