Unfortunately, I cannot claim creativity points for this project. I first saw these sugar burgers on Bakerella. However, I do claim brownie points (pun intended) for the 3.5 hours I spent on these slider-wannabes.
Without further ado:
The mess I made:
The yummy mess I made:
Now, what to do with all those brownie "scraps"...
Make brownie balls, of course!:
I will admit that I rolled the balls a bit bigger than I should have. But since I had been in the kitchen for half of the afternoon, I didn't want to dip so many. Result: Too sweet. (Even Tad ate just one!)
There it is folks - hamburger cupcakes + brownie balls:
What I discovered...
- WAX PAPER! - I've had it lying around, yet every time I baked a cake or brownies I'd dump it upside down onto a cutting board or plate. Why didn't anyone tell me to use wax paper???
- Cookie cutter - This is super neat. But the only round thing I could find was an ornament shape cutter so that's what I used. I then found that it was too big for my "burger buns," hence the trimming with a butter knife. I do think that it gave it more of a patty texture though. :)
- Food coloring - I know it's been a while since I've last used it, but when did it change from the liquid droplets to gel??? It was difficult to measure (creating the red took a long time, and the green took even longer) because I couldn't count drops.
What I would do differently next time...
- Think about how/where I'm going to transport the burgers to/onto in order to avoid catastrophic consequences (ie, "lettuce" smearing onto other buns).
- Add a fruity-ness to the brownie balls. OR Use white chocolate for dipping and drizzle the milk chocolate on top.
- Perhaps petite fours instead of brownie balls?
The extras I sent with Mr. Woo to take to class and "play nice with the other kids." :)