Saturday, March 20, 2010

Teachers Appreciat[ed] at Borders

We're back from attending what was called the Educators Appreciation Reception at Borders. Aside from the skeptical looks (and comments) we received at the small table in an obscure location upstairs, we also took home FREE coffee beans as well as other goodies! We entered ourselves in the raffle drawings, one for ourselves and one for our school, for some prizes. This is definitely a time when our "one-ness" does not apply.

The second name drawn out of the fishbowl was me! Yippee! I won a loot of goodies which included a Paperchase spiral notebook, a set of pens, and a Burt's Bees gift pack, all wrapped elegantly in the plastic-white Borders unrecycled bag:

Looks like I'm officially a Woo clan member. :)

But of course that didn't stop this Asian woman (aka ahjumah) from grabbing some other freebies on my way out. Don't worry, I left some for other educators that were to come later (I'm Asian-American). Though I am regretting the fact that I didn't grab a gigantic heart shaped cookie, too...

Oh, right, the discount. All educators get 30% off most items in stores from March 19-27. These do not have to be for professional use, unlike the Classroom Discount Card.

No comments: