I have someone to:
- cook for and eat meals with,
- watch romantic-comedy movies with,
- pick up a bat and put on a face of bravery at the slightest sound of danger outside,
- share my day with (maybe I talk too much though?),
- remind me that my day being a "good" or "bad" one is based on my perspective,
- provide for the family,
- lead the family,
This week was an especially triumphant week for the Woo's...
(1) Mr. Woo got into the credential program!
(2) Mr. Woo won the weekly drawing at Daphne's for an appetizer tray!
All I had to do for my "job" was put energy (food) into the machine (Mr. Woo) and it went and succeeded (by God's grace) in productivity! How cool is that for inventions??? God really is the best designer...
Sure, I cook and clean and some other things in my supporting role, but I think I get the better end of the deal. Because we are one, I share in his triumphs and he in mine. I consider raffle drawings the same. In the short time of dating/marriage thus far, he's won a DVD player (Summer School '08), Baby gift basket (School Luau '08) - my choice, Steamer* (School Christmas Dinner '08), Appetizer tray (Daphne's Weekly Business Card Drawing '09)
*Each staff member was given 2 tickets. The bag for the steamer only had 2 tickets already in it, so Mr. Woo added 1 of his - just in case. Not only did he win it, but it turns out that the other 2 tickets belonged to the same person. She had put all of her eggs in one basket and lost everything. She is part of the administrative staff but was kind enough to not "make him pay" for the highly-coveted prize.
They weren't kidding when they said that women usually marry men like their daddy. My daddy is awesome at winning raffle drawings too! Business-class plane tickets, stereo systems, and much more! Glad that Mr. Woo is following suite. If you can't beat 'em, marry 'em! :)