Sunday, March 7, 2010

The old man is snoring...

From the sounds of it, many of you have already heard Dennis' story of how much Mr. Woo missed me. It, the short version, goes something like this...

Mr. Woo, MikeG, and Dennis were assigned to one sleeping quarter. Before heading down south, I gave heed to dear Husband that it would be a battle of sleeping first in order to gain the best rest. From what I heard, Mike is a "machine," causing one roommate to grab his headphones in the middle of the night and the other to wish he had brought a pair.

At this point, you're probably thinking that it was both Dennis and Mr. Woo who lost sleep. But then Dennis told me the other (awake) side of the story.

Apparently, Mr. Woo konked out the minute his head hit the pillow, just like Mike. But unknowingly Mr. Woo inched toward Dennis throughout the night. This was a problem for Dennis because: (a) he had melodious snoring in his ear; and (b) he was not me.

FYI, I sleep on the right side of the bed while Mr. Woo sleeps on the left side. And we're definitely snugglers and cuddlers. I should have warned Dennis of this routine, so he wouldn't end up on the ground.

Dennis - Thanks for being a trooper, and bearing with my husband's snoring. Don't worry, he makes up for it in his sweet, patient, and encouraging ways. :)

For future brothers who will be rooming with Mr. Woo - If he starts snoring, flip him onto his side. Doing so while notifying, "You're snoring," will result in getting a sincere, "Oh sorry," in response. However, if he has a full plate of responsibilities at the moment, ask the front desk for extra pillows and/or get another deep-sleeping snorer to trade with you so the two of the men will make melodious music in the night. Those are my tips for you. If you sleep with him for a while, you'll get used to it. (But I lost a lot of sleep my first month of marriage... hehe)

I'm just so happy that my Pooki is back!!!


4 comments:

Hannah said...

hahahaha! you guys are snugglers... poor Dennis.

junia said...

dUDE LAST NIGHT I HAD A DREAM THAT DENNIS GOT ENGAGED! (she was a girl that i know OF but i don't actually know-know her... anyway, if Dennis gets engaged any time soon, I'm a prophet!)

dan tsai said...

junia, you and your dreams... you know what the Bible says about people who claim to be prophets, and their visions don't come true, right? :)

Patty said...

haha! I do the same thing when Richard snores...except I just say "Richard, you're snoring...lie on your side, it helps".