Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's Your Birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR POOKIIIIIIII
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUU! :)


It's my best friend's birthday today and, alas, I am not finished with his anniversary/birthday gift. But it's really the best tangible gift ever (for him). I don't know how I'm going to top it... Here's a preview:


Since I've been using every moment to put this homemade and personalized gift together, I didn't get a chance to organize a get-together (Sorry, Pooki!). And besides, if I did that on top of the other present, I'd be setting the bar unbelievably high for the following years. No bueno.

But Mr. H asked a few of our friends at work to join us for dinner. Maybe he just didn't want to play "third wheel"?


And my parent sent him a Happy Birthday Son-in-law card that arrived today too! So cute.

Let it also be noted that they don't have Facebook...

Ironically, my gift also arrived in the mail today. Mr. Woo purchased my Christmas present the day after Christmas, which I'm all for if we save 50% and get free shipping. I try not to use this phrase much, but... I love it. I love it because the man I love picked it out for me with much thought. (You should hear the story about how he picked my ring.) Ready for it?

It's a 14k gold necklace with a ruby and emerald pendant apple because we're teachers!



Well, "two shall become one" so I guess it is my birthday today too. hehe.


2 comments:

Hannah said...

awww... what a sweet gift for you! :D i always think it's surprising and thoughtful when men think to give jewelry as gifts... especially practical men, since jewelry's not the mooooost practical thing. haha.

I said "Yes" to Mr. Woo! said...

@Hannah - I confess that I planted the thought in his mind... hehe