Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Wishlist 2010

Oh, goody gumdrops, 12 days until Christmas is here! This excites me for several reasons, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm very curious as to what my dear Husband might wrap up this year. Just to help him out, I've decided to compile a list of fabulous items that I would gladly receive with open arms. Don't worry, I'll make room to embrace him with a hug too.


On the #1 day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
Polar Bear Sweater (Urban Outfitters, $49)
I know this sweater will have to be in hibernation most of the year, but it's adorable. It keeps looking at me with those longing eyes, "Adopt me... I'm a friendly cost-effective pet that you don't have to clean up after..."


On the #2 day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
Bone China Snowflake Hurricane (Crate&Barrel, $24.95, $8.95)
These beauties will probably only come out as often as the polar bear sweater above, but I'm a sucker for anytime candle-lit evenings. I'll take one of the large hurricanes and a set of the small ones as well, thank you.


On the #3 day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
French Bulldog Die-cut Calendar (Urban Outfitters, $12)
I've been asking Mr. Woo on repeat for a little Frenchie to call my own. If I can't have a real one, at least the representation of one that I can look at all year long? For the record, I like the pure cream-coated ones. Google them to see what I mean! Oh,you'rejustthesweetest-lookingthingeveraren'tyou? Yeah!Yes,youare! Yes,youare!...


On the #4 day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
Farmer's Egg Crate (Anthropologie, $14)
A clean, glossy white ceramic product to store earrings and such trinkets. Once I move my dresser into the closet, I'd make this chicken's friend/foe a lovely coop on top of it. 


On the #5 day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
Shrewd Stitches Stole (Anthropologie, $238)
I've watched "Fantastic Mr. Fox," and it has no effect on my desire for this scarf. It's creative, unique, and fun. Enough said. Although it would cost me my arm, leg, and maybe my liver and bones too.


On the #6-8 days of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
The gift of music (varies)
A couple of CDs I've been wanting for a while make it to this list. Yes, I'm traditional and prefer the hard plastic cases with lyrics printed on the fold-outs inside, though I'm not entirely opposed to the ease of iTunes. Let's see, Jason Mraz is one of my favorite artists yet I don't own any of his - something that I'm sure would have been different if I were still in college (funny how that works, huh?). I'm also intrigued by Adele and Joss Stone at the moment. 


On the #9-11 days of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
The gift of the silver screen (varies)
Though both animated, I'd like to add How To Train Your Dragon (I wrote a review here) and Despicable Me (the double disc with the extra clips of the little minions). I'm also liking Dirty Rotten Scoundrels due to the casting, clever plot, and the fact that we often stretch to one of the songs in my Broadway Jazz Dance class (thanks, Husband!).



On the #12 day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
Cruise for 2 to Alaska/Hawaii/Europe/Anywhere (varies)
It's been one God-must-really-love-with-all-that-He's-teaching-me-right-now ride this year. I'm definitely asking for a stronger back rather than a smaller load, but I will not complain about a getaway. Staycations are great, but I'm talking a mammoth vacation with stress rolling off the shoulders as I soak in a jaccuzzi and play with dear Husband most of the day.


And that wraps up my melodious Winter 2010 Wish List. :)
[All images from the links provided.]
 

Psssst!  Yesterday was our HomeGroup's Secret Santa gift exchange. I got this little guy to add to my growing collection. I know Mr. Woo will not be adding to it as he'd like to put an end to my owl posse. He called it "kinda creepy." What a hoot!

 

3 comments:

Hannah said...

OOOO i've been liking adele (again) lately, too. her voice is sooo soulful, powerful yet still controlled. it's great. hrm... i can see you liking adele and joss stone. i see the FLAVA in them and you. hehe~ :D

despicable me was also one of my fave movies this year. :)

Jennifer said...

A good wishlist, Jane! How funny, I was eyeing the polar bear sweater too.

I said "Yes" to Mr. Woo! said...

@Hannah - I miss you!
@Jen - I'll let you know if I see it on sale. :)