Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Showers of love for Selah

A few weeks ago the school staff on our campus threw a surprise baby shower for me!

The potluck food was yummy, as always, but it was the gift basket that induced a squeal of glee out of me. It was darling with all sorts of goodies.

Then the last week of school my students and their parents threw me a surprise baby shower! It was so funny watching the Diaper Game (basically, there were six diapers each smeared with a different food product to resemble #1, #2, and #3). I did have to send one boy with a weak stomach to the bathroom. Maybe he ate too much pizza before the game? Macaroni and cheese was the most difficult to guess but I nailed Snickers, York Peppermint Patty, and green beans correctly (teacher brain quickly calculates 3 out of 6 correct to be an F).

I wish I had some pictures of the games, but alas I didn't have my camera at school. I probably don't want to think too much about the one where students were asked to predict the circumference of my growing waistline via length of string and then measured in inches anyway. One (charming) student guessed 29 inches while another (fill in with an adjective) student guessed 52 inches! Child, that would mean I'm nearly as round as I am tall...

Oh, what love is all around you, Baby! You're not even here yet, but you're taking up a lot of room at home with all your "stuff."

Thank you Miss Kim for the staff baby shower pictures!

No comments: