Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tabula rasa

Hi hive!

Our wedding is in the church that we met at and continue to serve at. It's not a mega-church with room for thousands of people, nor is it a cathedral with beautiful architecture. It represents me quite well in that it's simple with clean lines and cozy. I also like that it holds special meaning to my Mr. and I.

Ours will be the third wedding here (I didn't attend the other two), so I've got a challenge up my sleeves in what to do for reception decor in the fellowship hall upstairs. Round tables make more space for people to walk around (or just be able to push their chair back without hitting the person at the next table). Windows in awkward placings of the wall also make it difficult to place things like the head table or the cake. We also have metal chairs, which are cold in the winter. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for all that we have to hold worship service, dine with the church family, and even host events or programs. The heart of service that people have here could never compare to something like a chair.

But the more I think about my situation, the more excited I get in creating the "blank slate" I have into some different and gorgeous. It'd be fun for our family and friends to go up there and see it transformed into what I call a Winter Wonderland. Let's do this!

What's your works-for-any-room decor item that you use?

No comments: