Sunday, February 27, 2011

My single 2011 resolution

I decided in January that I would have one New Year's resolution this year. I did okay on last year's list.
  1. Change my e-mail address.
  2. Change my drivers license.
  3. Change my passport.
  4. Change my CCs. 
  5. Lose the wedding weight. (Note: only half)
  6. Write a few songs.
  7. Write a children's book. (Note: currently in progress)
  8. Budget consistently. (Note: Mr. Woo decided to take over for 2010)
  9. Vacation frequently yet while being budget savvy.
  10. Get pregnant (and glow). (Note: hehe)

It says: WORLD'S GREATEST HUSBAND.
So for 2011, I'm only going to have one resolution to focus on: Be nice to Husband. Alright, so that's very general, but I want to be an encouragement to him - to build up (not tear down), to pray for (not neglect), to ask, "How can I help you today?" (not be selfish and so needy), treat him like a king (not just any other man)!

One of my favorite dead people, Charles Spurgeon, said, "No man can do me a truer kindness in this world than to pray for me." So I'm going to start with praying for him more. I want to be his support system, his cheerleader. All the while, remembering that I submit to my husband as a way to submit to the Lord's call and design. I'll have to start with making sure that I'm doing well spiritually so as to not be a burden.

"O Lord God of heaven,

The great and awesome God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love Him and keep His commandments, let Your ear be attentive and Your eyes open, to hear the prayer of Your servant that I now pray before You day and night for my husband. Grant him continual patience and forbearance to live with me, a wicked wife. For I have sinned against You; I have acted very corruptly against You by forsaking my duty to help my husband lead our home in righteousness and the fear of You; I have not kept Your commandments, Your statutes, or the rules that You command Your servant Moses.

Give him boldness and wisdom to rebuke and exhort me when I am unfaithful to Your Word, when I neglect prayer, fail to redeem the time, speak carelessly, walk foolishly, fail to hope in You, seek great things for myself, become anxious about tomorrow. Do not let him cease praying for me when I am beset with the fear of man, the cares of the world, or the love of money. May he never lose confidence that, in spite of my many iniquities and shortcomings, I am Your servant whom You have redeemed by Your great power and by Your strong hand.

O Lord, let Your ear be attentive to the prayer of Your servant, and to the prayers of my husband who delights to hear Your name, and give success to him today, and grant him mercy (Nehemiah 1)."
(excerpt taken from Prayers of an Excellent Wife: Intercession For Him)


Two, four, six, eight! Who do I appreciate? POOKI!!!

Pooki, you're the best! (heart)